Survival News Online averages nearly 60,000 page views per month by readers all over the world. By submitting an article for publication on SNO, you can help people get prepared for emergencies all while promoting your own blog.
Benefits of Publishing on SNO
- Income. Drive traffic to your affiliate account by embedding affiliate links in your article.
- Exposure. Promote your blog by embedding a “deep link” directly to the article on your own website.
- Helping Others. Sharing your knowledge helps make the world a better place.
Publishing Guidelines (Mandatory)
- Keep it short, usually. In general, readers prefer articles between 300 and 800 words. You have some flexibility here.
- Keep it organized. It’s a good idea to include an introductory paragraph or two, the body of the article under a separate heading, and a conclusion. Basically, tell them what your going to tell them, tell them, and then tell them what you told them.
- Use section headings. The article has a title, of course, but each section should also begin with a heading.
- 680 x 420 pixel title image .gif format. The image must relate to the subject of the article and contain the title. If the article title is long, you can have a shortened form of the title on the image. For example, if the title is “Benefits of Using a Sound Suppressor in Survival and Tactical Situations,” you could shorten this to “Sound Suppressors for Survival,” or even “Sound Suppressors.”
- 10 to 30 word summary. See the article summaries on the SNO home page.
- About the Author. This section will contain your short bio and a link to your blog. For example: “Mike Prepper is an auto-body mechanic and former boy scout. He lives with his wife and 12 children somewhere in the Southwestern USA and blogs at www.BestPrepperBlogInTheWorld.com.” If you wish to remain anonymous, feel free to come up with a pen name, or just give your initials.
- Links must already be embedded. If your blog is about hardtack and you link to the Wikipedia article on hardtack, make sure it’s ready to click through like this one: Hardtack.
- Prominent link to Survival News Online on your website’s home page. Your blog must include a link to Survival News Online on upper third of the home page of your blog or website.
SEO and Writing Tips
- Include the key words of your article in the headings and in the introductory paragraph. For example, if your article is about food storage, be sure to include “food storage” in the first paragraph as well as in each section heading.
- Include a key word link to a popular website in the introductory paragraph. For example, if your article is about the Remington 700 rifle, include a link to its entry on Wikipedia.
- Prominent “original article at” link. Place this link directly below the first paragraph heading before the text of the introductory paragraph to encourage readers to click through to your blog.
How to Submit
Just send an email with your article, title image, summary, and link to your original article to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “article submission.” Make sure the links embedded in your article are active.
SNO reserves the right to refuse any article for any reason, and to revise these guidelines at any time, or on a case-by-case basis. By submitting an article you are granting SNO a non-exclusive right to publish it throughout the world forever.