Perfect Last-Minute Gifts for Preppers
- Falcon 2 Every Day Carry Bag. This is the pack I use for EDC. Video Review.
- Otterbox 1000 Waterproof Case. This case is waterproof and buoyant, large enough to hold a survival kit, small enough to pack everywhere you go every day. What you should have in your survival kit.
- Mora Clipper Companion Survival Knife. I know there are sturdier knives out there, but this one is superb. It’s lightweight and made of carbon steel, so it’s easier to sharpen and keep sharp. However, the Victorinox Rescue Tool makes a great alternative. Get the glow-in-the-dark version. Review of the Victorinox Rescue Tool.
- Ferrocerium Striker. Of course, a lighter is the easiest way to start a fire, but a striker is a must-have backup.
- Signal Mirror. Even if you never use it for a doomsday situation, it’s cheap fun! Video: How to use a signal mirror.
- Paracord. Accept no substitutes.
- Solo Stove. Cook in the wild, or sterilize your water with very little fuel. Video: The Solo Stove Camp Stove.
- Outdoor Research Hat. Keeps your head warm and dry — it’s the one I wear.
- Emergency Medical Kit. “Doctor” it up, of course, but start with a kit.
- When All Hell Breaks Loose: Stuff You Need To Survive When Disaster Strikes. A great book by Cody Lundin.